Re: [gtkmm] Entry() popup menuitems

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 15:26 -0600, Diana Esch-Mosher wrote:
> If I override the button_press for the Entry() I should be able to get
> rid of the menu entirely - which would be fine. Since this Entry() is in
> a treeview how do I get the handle to the Entry() widget to do this? I'm
> already overriding the button_press for the treeview and this is not
> sufficient to intercede.

TreeViews use CellRenderers. You might need to derive a custom
cellrenderer, from the existing cellrenderer. Then you must specify the
use of that cellrenderer instead of using gtkmm's
TreeView::append_column_editable() convenience template:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch08s02.html#id2494853

There is a custom cellrenderer example in gtkmm, in
examples/customcellrenderer/.

But this is a lot of work, and if you just hide the whole context menu,
I think people will miss the cut, copy, and paste menu items. I doubt
this is worth the bother.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com