Re: glib install problems

Thanks to all and especially Anthony who kept this thread going on my
behalf during the early hours of the morning.

Having looked a bit deeper into the background of the problem, it
appears that /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc does not get updated during
the make install process. But this seems to be a moot point in that
manually installing the updated file appears to make no difference to
the build of atk.

Life is too short to become intimately familiar with how the compiler
and linker work beyond what is required to successfully build the vast
majority of applications. I shall reserve a place on my hard drive for
Gimp2.1, and by that time hopefully its dependencies will actually
compile.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

matt