Re: Announce: gtk-choose-files 0.2

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:48:49PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> "Issac Trotts" <ijtrotts ucdavis edu> writes:
>
> > gtk-choose-files brings up a file dialog and then prints out the
> > selected filenames on stdout.  This is handy for shell scripts needing
> > input from users who don't like text-mode interfaces.
>
> That's quite a handy tool.  You might also like to look at dialog and
> gdialog, which do the same thing, but also have menus, progress bars,
> text viewers, lists etc..

OK, I just dug around a bit and found the successor to gdialog, called
'zenity'.  It does everything gtk-choose-files does plus a lot more.
The only advantage of gtk-choose-files is that it only depends on GTK,
not on Gnome, so it will work on Windows and other places that have GTK
but not Gnome.

Thanks for telling me!

--
Issac Trotts