GUI technology components

Hi:

Based on my study and understanding, I have tried to
place where the various GUI technology components fit in
on a GNU/Linux environment.

  +-----------+        +-----------+
  |   gtkmm   |------->|  bakery   |
  +---+-----+-+        +-----------+
 +----v---+ |   \      +-----------+                |Desktop Env|
 | glibmm | |    ----->| libsigc++ |                +-----------+
 +--------+ |          +-----------+                        +GNOME, KDE
  |         |
  | +-|   Gtk+    | +---------+      +----------+        |    xdm    |
  | | +-----------+ |GdkPixBuf|      |    Qt    |        +-----------+
  | | |   Gdk     | +---------+      +--+-------+           +GDM (GNOME)
  | | +-----------+-----------v-+                           +KWin(KDE)
 +v-v---+   |      Xlib         |-----------+
 | GLib |   +-------------------+  xinerama |
 +------+   |    X (xfree86)    |-----------+
            +-------------------+
            |    OS interface   |
            +-------------------+

Qt         : (C++) widgets library, language extension features

gtkmm      : (C++) comprehensive widgets library
libsigc++  : (C++) typesafe callback system
glibmm     : (C++) portable UTF8 strings, threading, types etc.
bakery     : (C++) doc/view architecture support

Gtk+       : (C) widgets library
Gdk        : (C) multi windowing support and drawing (X11, win32, fb)
GdkPixBuf  : (C) pixel buffer support for image data|files.
pango      : (C) i18n text handling, layout, fonts
atk        : (C) accessibility support, input methods, screen readers
GLib       : (C) portable datatypes,event handling, main loop

xinerama   : (C) multiple screens support (single seamless desktop)

Xlib       : (C) interface to window system over a stream connection.
X          : (C,asm) XFree86 server | X11R6 | freedesktop.org
OS         : (C) POSIX C interface

xdm        : (C)   X display manager
GDM(GNOME) : (C)   GNOME display manager (bonobo/ORBit)
KWini(KDE) : (C++) KDE desktop environment (DCOP/ICE)

I will appreciate if the more experienced members could review
and provide critical analysis and insights.

This would be of great assistance as there are many technology
components and the interplay is not always very clear.

Are there any expected additions to this chart in the future
by way of newer technology components ?

Is there any specific component that would be de-emphasised
based on future plans ?

Suggestions for further improvement are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.

thanks
Saifi Khan.