Re: Trouble Installing Pango

Marshall Lake wrote:
[undefined references]

On my system (Slackware 9), the undefined references (started with 2.4) were due to libtool adding the older versions of the libraries (in /usr/lib) in front of the newer versions (in /usr/local/lib) as part of the link command.

I fiddled with ld.so.config and libtool for days with no success, so I ended up editing the *.la files by hand to get everything to link to the proper libraries.

There is a newer version of libtool out that may or may not fix the problem.
Mark Leisher                      In a time of drastic change it is the
Computing Research Lab            learners who inherit the future. The
New Mexico State University       learned usually find themselves equipped
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             to live in a world that no longer exists.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                       --  Eric Hoffer