RE: GLIB / Pango install

Sven,

and if I would go down that path of installing the development packages,
where do I find them?

ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.2/ doesn't seem to have anything there.
And the various version of glib2.tar don't mention anything of that either.

so back to the basics:
I want gimp2 installed (which I have as rpm)
It requries half a dozen of other things I don't have.
Some of them are GTK, pango and glib.
Installing glib 2.4.1 from either source or RPM does fail on a dependancy of
glib 2.2.1 (which is reported by pkg-config to be installed).

So now it's development packages to get glib 2.4.1 installed. Where does it
end?

This is my last day on this, wasting dozens of hours for what should be a
simple install.
As a Linux newbie I was impressed how functional that Redhat 9 was and had
the impression installing or upgrading a few more apps would be a piece of
cake. Changed my mind a bit on that.

After today I'll go off and do something like Samba or Apache web servers.
Maybe that will be a bit more straight forward.

I'm still open for last minute magic fixes to get over this hump with glib.

Regards

Andreas