Re: Gtk Themes

> Try:
> gtk_rc_parse( PACKAGE_DATA_DIR "/.my_theme_gtkrc");

Hi,

  I tried this, but I get the same error messages from when I just had
my .gtkrc-2.0 file pointing at a theme.  The error messages are all
similar to this:

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap"

So here are some more general questions that I haven't been able to
find any answers to on the web:

1) What is a theme engine?  Is it a library, a program, something
   else?  Do you have to link it in to your program?  Are themes part
   of the theme engine or are they separate?

2) (I am running on a Mac, so I fink'ed "gtk-engines" (version
   0.12-2)).  The info on this package says that it works with gtk+
   version 1.1.13 or better.  I am using version 2, so I assume that
   it is better.  However, even after finking this package, I still
   get the same error as above.  Do I need this package?  Is it up to
   date enough?  If not, can I grab a tarball and 'try' to build the
   newest gtk-engine package myself?

3) Are there environment vars that I need to set to point to things?

All help is greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,
         Dave

- J. Davison de St. Germain         dav cs utah edu    (801) 581-4078 -
- Chief Software Engineer           http://www.cs.utah.edu/~dav       -
- SCI Institute, SE C-SAFE          University of Utah                -