GLib Make Issue

I've scouted around the archives a bit and couldn't find what I was looking for, so here goes:

I'm working to install the latest GTK but have to put together all (well..most of them) the dependencies first.

Pkg-config appears to have gone well.
GLib:
configure goes OK...no errors.
make goes OK for a while:

make  all-recursive
Making all in .
Making all in m4macros
Making all in glib
Making all in libcharset
Making all in gnulib
Making all in gobject
make  all-am
Making all in gmodule
make  all-am
Making all in gthread
Making all in tests
Making all in gobject
make  all-am
Making all in build
Making all in win32
Making all in dirent
Making all in po
Making all in docs
Making all in reference
Making all in glib
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `all-local'
Current working directory /home/usr/bin/download/glib-2.3.2/docs/reference/glib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/usr/bin/download/glib-2.3.2/docs/reference
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/usr/bin/download/glib-2.3.2/docs
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/usr/bin/download/glib-2.3.2
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

My system:
Solaris 9 on Sparc III

It's been many years since I've done any real coding, and a little longer than that since I've compiled applications from source code on Unix. I've searched the make scripts for anything obvious, with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/comments!!

Arien