Re: pkg-config

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 29 January 2004 10:10, Serdar Ozgur ATA wrote:

Hi,
as an inexperienced person on Linux platform,  I try to build
pkg-config also gtk+-2.2.3 but I've received the error
"pkg-config not found".

for this purpose I've downloded these packages
- pkgconfig-0.14.0.tar
- glib-2.2.3.tar
- gtk+-2.2.3.tar
and also
- atk-1.2.4.tar
- pongo-1.2.5.tar

I *think* this pkgconfig is too old, and that you may need pkgconfig-0.15.0.tar.gz

Isn't gtk+-2.2.3 the version that has been around for many-many months
now? If it is, then I definitely compiled it with pkgconfig-0.14.0.
Just try running configure like this:

PKG_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/pkg-config ./configure

like Aaron suggested, and see what happens.

busmanus

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu