Re: pkg-config

On Thursday 29 January 2004 10:49, Sven Neumann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>"Serdar Ozgur ATA" <ata uekae tubitak gov tr> writes:
>> as an inexperienced person on Linux platform, I try to build
>> glib-2.2.3 also gtk+-2.2.3 but I've received the error "pkg-config
>> not found".
>
>You need to make sure pkg-config is in your executable path. Since
> it was installed to /usr/local/bin, you need to add that directory
> to your PATH environment variable.

I've had to go on search and destroy missions over pkg-config myself,
seems the rpms put it in /usr/bin, but the tarball usually puts it
in /usr/local/bin.  Its a pita when you know you've just installed
version 15, but it keeps finding version 13 anyway, even after you've
done an "rpm -e --nodeps `rpm -qa |grep pkg-config`, installed the
newer one it wants and have run an ldconfig session...

However, patience & perserverence will usually get the job done.