Re: pkg-config

Hi,

"Serdar Ozgur ATA" <ata uekae tubitak gov tr> writes:

> as an inexperienced person on Linux platform, I try to build
> glib-2.2.3 also gtk+-2.2.3 but I've received the error "pkg-config
> not found".

You need to make sure pkg-config is in your executable path. Since it
was installed to /usr/local/bin, you need to add that directory to
your PATH environment variable.

I think you should either make yourself familiar with some basic UNIX
concepts or stick with binary packages. This is not meant as an
attempt to discourage you but I think you are not doing yourself a
favor if you try to compile gtk+-2.2 without reading the first
chapters of a good book about Linux or UNIX in general.

Sven