Re: Error in compiling GTK+ applications

At Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:39:22AM +0100, Kendl Tibor wrote:
> Dear list members, GTK team!
>
> I've compiled and installed a gtk-2.3.2, and tried to compile a gtk
> application, in this case a mozilla-1.6 browser. It's configure script
> exited with an error that it cannot find the 'gtk-config' script. I
> checked the whole / directory with mc's find file and it did not found
> any gtk-config. Can anyone tell me what is this 'gtk-config' and why it
> is needed?
[snip]

As stated, Mozilla is looking for GTK 1.x. If you want to compile
against GTK 2.x instead, you can put this line in .mozconfig (or pass
the argument to configure, depending on how you're building):

ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2

I assume pkg-config will work since you managed to install GTK.

HTH. Further questions about building Mozilla should probably go to a
Mozilla-specific list/newsgroup/forum.

--
Chad Daelhousen
My opinions are my own, until UB purchases my soul.