Colormap issues

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused as to how the following code can produce the
output:

succeeded... 15736992 256

gdk_color_parse("green", &color);
if(gdk_colormap_alloc_color(colormap, &color, FALSE, TRUE))
  printf("succeeded... %d %d\n", color.pixel, colormap->size);

The pixel value is obviously causing a few problems later on when
I try to query the color. I had been under the impression that
the printf statement wouldn't be executed unless the pixel value
had been filled in. Is this not the case?

Thanks for any info!

Brooke