Re: gtk-2.2.4 vs. gtk-config

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:45:26 GMT, solin rice edu  said:
> Guys,
>   I must be missing something, since gtk+-2.2.4 is
> installed on my Linux PC, but I get this message
> when running a .configure script for Gimp:
>
> checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.8... no

GTK1 and GTK2 are not compatible.  However, they will install next to
each other and work fine, so you can have gtk1 and gtk2 based programs
on the system at the same time.

gtk-config is for gtk1, you obviously have a program designed to use gtk1.
gtk2 uses pkg-config instead.  Your best solution is install gtk 1.2.10
alongside your gtk 2.2.4.