Errors Compiling GtkDatabox Demo Files

I’m new to GTK+ and a beginner in Linux programming, so please be patient with me.

After installing GtkDatabox- typing the following lines:

make install

everything looks fine. I tested the example programs without any complication. But when trying to compile them, I’m experiencing the following difficulties. I try to compile for example the basics.c file typing:

gcc –Wall –g basics.c –o basics ‘pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0’ ‘pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0’

and the compiler give me the following errors:

/tmp/cc5o02G.o(text+0x175): In function ‘create_basics’:

/home/mzavala/…./basics.c:69: reference to ‘gtk_databox_new’ without definition

and the same as the last message for other functions as: gtk_databox_get_type, gtk_databox_set_background_color, etc.

How can I make gcc recognize GtkDatabox libraries? Should I install GtkDatabox libraries in some specific directory in order to make them work?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated…

I’m using RH9.

Miguel Zavala

Asuncion, Paraguay