Re: g_io_channel_read_chars vs.g_io_channel_read

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Tim Müller wrote:

<snip>

In case you haven't come across it yet, you might want to take a look at the
GNet library, in particular the GServer and GConn interfaces:

Tim,

I looked at the GNet library several months ago, but quite frankly had forgotten about it after I had achieved the basic functionality I wanted with standard sockets and GIOChannels. It was only when I went back to remove some deprecated GTK calls that I stumbled across the problem I've described. I'll go back and re-visit GNet. But to be quite honest, my socket needs are very modest and if at all possible I'd wish to advoid any dependencies on another package.

Regards,
Scott