Re: g_io_channel_read_chars vs.g_io_channel_read

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Owen Taylor wrote:

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 14:12 -0800, Scott Dattalo wrote:
Point of reference:

$ pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
2.2.1

That's a little bit old.

True, but that's the way it is for right now. I'll be upgrading my system with FC3 soon.

<snip>

If you want non-blocking behavior on a buffered IO channel, you
should set it non-blocking. If you actually get blocking on a channel
that you set to be non-blocking, please file a bug in bugzilla
with a short test case demonstrating the problem.

I'll repeat this experiment after I've upgraded my system and will file a bug in bugzilla if this problem still persists.

Scott