Re: g_io_channel_read_chars vs.g_io_channel_read

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 23:09, Scott Dattalo wrote:

>   (snip)
>
>  new_socket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
>
>   (snip)
>
> At this point, I create an io_channel to watch for client connections.
> When a client attempts to connect() to my server, the callback is called.
> Then, in that callback I do something like:
>
>   (snip)
>
> followed by code that creates another io_channel for receiving data from
> the client.

In case you haven't come across it yet, you might want to take a look at the
GNet library, in particular the GServer and GConn interfaces:

 http://www.gnetlibrary.org
 http://www.gnetlibrary.org/docs/gnet-server.html
 http://www.gnetlibrary.org/docs/gnet-conn.html

Cheers