Re: how to give user feedback when he is typing something that is not in completion list

Hi Kristof,

I wanna know how to use this widget (gtkentrycompletion) . Do you have a
mini-tutorial or an website ?!

thanks in advance ..

Kristof Vansant wrote:

>I'm using gtkentrycompletion in combination with gtkComboxEntry.
>A list contains all user names on the system.
>
>Now what I want is that when a user types something and it is not in the
list. The user gets an error or the gtkComboxEntry gets a different
color. Like you have in firefox when you type part of a word and no match
is found.
>So if lupus and lupin are the only items in the list.
>and the user types lupa then after pressing a the user gets an error or
something. So that he sees that he is typing something impossible.

>What is the best way to do this? I'm using gtk 2.4 at the moment. But if
it is really necessary I can use 2.5/2.6

--
Antônio Gomes
Computer Science - Amazonas Federal University - VoIP Lab