Re: g_signal_handlers_block_by_func

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:33:27 -0700, Neil Zanella <nzanella gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know whether the function call
>
> g_signal_handlers_block_by_func
>
> can be applied to (external) events in the same way as it can be applied
> to (internal) Gtk signals so as to temporarily block them and then call
[...]
   The GSignal api works on GSignals, sometimes there is some confusion
about events & signals (I think theres something in the reference about that...)

Signals on the GtkWidgetClass with the suffix "-event" (like
"button-press-event")
are events, but that doesn't mean that they are not signals.

So the answer is yes and no, if the external event is a signal, you can
block it with the GSignal API, otherwise...

Cheers,
                                               -Tristan