Re: GdkBitmap

Thanks and my apologies. I was looking at the wrong pages. That said, I still couldn't find a way to arbitrarilly create a GdkBitmap from scratch (ie. just specify a width and a height) and to modify its pixel contents (set and unset pixels). All of the functions I've seen which create GdkBitmaps require either an XBM or an XPM or an Imlib supported image).

If there are already convenience functions to create and manipulate GdkBitmap files (or, lacking that, XBM in-memory data), I'd dearly love to know about it. No point in re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks.

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Richard Plana <rplana zicorp com> writes:

Could someone explain the GdkBitmap structure? I need to create a
shaped window which requires a bitmap of the transparent and visible
(0 and 1) pixels of a window as a GdkBitmap, but the API reference
guide doc has nothing on its format. The only bit of info I've found
on the Internet is a reference to a function which returns a GdkBitmap
object from an image (using the Imlib library and
gdk_imlib_copy_mask() function). I actually have a function which
plots the areas in the window which is transparent and which isn't.

Better yet, are there functions which allow one to create GdkBitmap
objects and manipulate it (ie. turn pixels(x,y) on and off)?

A GdkBitmap is a GdkPixmap is a GdkDrawable. The API reference
mentions lots of ways to create and manipulate these.

Sven

--

*Richard Neal Plana, B.Sc., CCNA*
Lead Software Engineer