GdkBitmap

Hi,

Could someone explain the GdkBitmap structure? I need to create a shaped window which requires a bitmap of the transparent and visible (0 and 1) pixels of a window as a GdkBitmap, but the API reference guide doc has nothing on its format. The only bit of info I've found on the Internet is a reference to a function which returns a GdkBitmap object from an image (using the Imlib library and gdk_imlib_copy_mask() function). I actually have a function which plots the areas in the window which is transparent and which isn't.

Better yet, are there functions which allow one to create GdkBitmap objects and manipulate it (ie. turn pixels(x,y) on and off)?
--

*Richard Neal Plana, B.Sc., CCNA*
Lead Software Engineer