Re: gtk in windows ? missing pieces?

Vincent Torri wrote:
you can :
1) install msys, then mingw (http://www.mingw.org). I usually install msys
did that

2) grap the zip files from tor Lillqvist page: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html
I tried that (before I saw your post) but it seemed very complicated.  Someone
told me about http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/ with this stuff bundled
so I got that.  With this I am able to create a simple dialog just as I
do on the Linux side.  I got stuck at the point where I want to build
the Glade created code.  From your e-mail and other info that I found,
I concluded that the missing part was your step 1 above.

I tried ./autogen.sh within the mingw window but I get a lot of error
messages which lead me to believe that there are still some other components
or tools that I still have to get.  What is missing?

Damon Register

$ ./autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running glib-gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
/c/gtk/bin/glib-gettextize: cd: /target/share/glib-2.0/gettext: No such file or directory
gettext source directory '/target/share/glib-2.0/gettext' doesn't exist
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running aclocal  ...
aclocal: configure.in: 24: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
Running autoheader...
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /bin/automake line 4272.
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
/usr/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /bin/automake line 4272.
/usr/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Running autoconf ...
configure.in:4: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:5: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:6: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
configure.in:10: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_CC_STDC
configure.in:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
./configure: line 1217: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(test2,'
./configure: line 1217: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(test2, 0.1)'