Re: glib install problems

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 05:40:02 EDT, Anthony DiSante <orders nodivisions com>  said:

> Please reply to the list, not to me AND the list.  I don't need two copies.

If you have some clever way for me to determine that you're a subscriber,
please let us all know.  Quite often, the list gets queries for help from non-subscribers,
and replying to the list only does no good...

> configure:21804: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall    conftest.c   >&5
> conftest.c:27:18: glib.h: No such file or directory

OK... so glib.h isn't found, so everything else cascades from that.

And glib.h isn't found because there's no -I flag in the gcc command.

What happens if you run 'pkg-config glib --cflags'?  On my system, that
produces: "-I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include" (your paths may of
course vary).  If you get a 'command not found', then the problem is
that pkg-config isn't found on your $PATH.  If it finds the command, but
complains about not knowing about glib, then you probably need to be
looking at tweaking the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.