Re: GTK now asking for Pangox?

Hi,

JS <oghistorian yahoo com> writes:

> configure: error: pangox Pango backend is required for
> x11 target
>
> Now, I already installed Pango and have tried to
> compile GTK in X11 but it still wants pangox.  What is
> that and how do fix this problem?

You compiled Pango but what Pango backends did you compile? Pango's
configure script told you about this (in the last lines of it's
output). Try running 'pkg-config --list-all' and see what pango
packages it lists. You will need pangoxft or pangox to compile gtk+
and gimp requires that you have pangoft2 as well.

Sven