GTK now asking for Pangox?

Hi Sven and All,

With the help of my friend, I have gotten libjpeg and
libpng compiled and installed correctly.  Even GTK
recognizes them.  However, it now seems to be missing
something else. Here is part of the log for the GTK
compile:

checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible...
yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached)
void
checking for x86 platform... no
checking for freetype-config...
/usr/bin/freetype-config
checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least
2.0.1)... yes
configure: error: pangox Pango backend is required for
x11 target

Now, I already installed Pango and have tried to
compile GTK in X11 but it still wants pangox.  What is
that and how do fix this problem?

Thanks,
J Silverman