Window size

When I create a window with just a couple of items in
it (menu bar, some labels, check boxes, etc), it packs
down to a little tiny window during runtime, big
enough only to show the items visible.

I add and remove window objects depending on user
selection, etc., and I'd like to keep the same overall
window size regardless of how many objects are
currently visible.

How do I set packing so that the window has a minimum
size, even if some of it may be blank?

Thanks
Don