Re: Trying compile gtk+-2.2.0

Hello,

> Also in this errors I see that i need some called
> fontconfig, where i download it ???.

I searched google.com for fontconfig, and the first page in the search results is fontconfig.org. That should be what you want.

-Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/

D O wrote:
I first of all.

I am new to this list and new in general to linux
OS's, I originally programm in Win, but i am moving to
linux, I use redhat for now.

Ok, I understand a little for what need the
./configure files and a lot of others files, but ok, i
read the install and the read me, i put ./configure in
the dir that i have the source of gtk+-2.2.0 and I
have this problem, also I installed sucesfully other
packages ().

checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >=
1.0.1... Package pango was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`pango.pc'
No package 'pango' found

configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >=
2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.0.1) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so
pkg-config can find them.
[root localhost gtk+-2.2.0]#

Also I have now the source of pango, and I am in
troubles there too.

checking for fontconfig >= 1.0.1... Package fontconfig
was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`fontconfig.pc'
No package 'fontconfig' found
configure: WARNING: No fontconfig found, skipping
tests for FreeType and Xft
checking for pkg-config... (cached)
/usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.1.3...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.2.3,
but GLIB (2.0.6)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is
best
*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be
able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment
variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig
if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment
variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
*** to point to the correct configuration files
no
configure: error:
*** Glib 2.1.3 or better is required. The latest
version of
*** Glib is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.
[root localhost pango-1.2.5]#

Also in this errors I see that i need some called
fontconfig, where i download it ???.

Also i contibue testing the projects (wizards) in the
kdedevelop, i can continue doing, KDE wizards and qt
wizards, but the one that say GNOME cant be compiled,
i have like 400 or more errors... like this:

/usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h:67: error
de decodificación antes de "GTK_TYPE_FUNDAMENTAL_TYPE"

/usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h:67: aviso:
el tipo de dato por omisión es `int' en la declaración
de `GTK_TYPE_FUNDAMENTAL_TYPE' [and at the end] gmake[2]: *** [menus.o] Error 1 gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 gmake: *** [all] Error 2 *** failed ***
traslation of the first is
/usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h:67: error
of decodification before of
"GTK_TYPE_FUNDAMENTAL_TYPE" , and the second is
/usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtktypebuiltins.h:67:
warning: the data type by omision is `int' in the
declaration of `GTK_TYPE_FUNDAMENTAL_TYPE'

Here is what i get with pkg-config:
[root localhost gtk+-2.2.0]# pkg-config --list-all
gmodule-2.0 GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
glib-2.0    GLib - C Utility Library
gobject-2.0 GObject - GLib Type, Object, Parameter and
Signal Library
gthread-2.0 GThread - Thread support for GLib
atk         Atk - Accessibility Toolkit
[root localhost gtk+-2.2.0]# pkg-config --modversion
glib-2.0
2.2.3
[root localhost gtk+-2.2.0]# pkg-config --modversion
glib
1.2.10

My suposition is that i need install first other
packages, but what packages need be installed?, is
there something that i can do for the problem of the
GNOME wizar with kdevelop?.

Another thing, for what i want learn gtk, i want make
apps with portable gui, also i dont know how i can
have a portable control of acess for files, memory,
threads and suchs things.

If you can help thx.

Nice day.