Re: Pango / Glib config problem

OK, setting LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG to /usr/local/lib fixed the problem; Pango's configure script now completes successfully.

But that doesn't solve the root problem, which is that there are two different versions of glib2 on my system.

> Directories called glib-2.0 are irrelevant; the problem is a
> libglib-2.0.so, probably in /usr/lib, possibly somewhere
> else.

A search for libglib-2.0.so finds:

/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so (modified two weeks ago, when I installed Linux)
/usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so (modified yesterday, when I installed glib-2.2.3)

So looking into the /usr/lib directory, I see lots of files named libg*-2.0.so*, all dated two weeks ago or earlier. Can/should I delete those files to "uninstall" the old version of glib2?

-Anthony

Noah Levitt wrote:
Directories called glib-2.0 are irrelevant; the problem is a
libglib-2.0.so, probably in /usr/lib, possibly somewhere
else.

Noah