Re: [GtkTreeView is too complicated for simple list.]

"Tom Liu" <tom liu flextrade com> wrote:
> GtkTreeView is very powerfule. But for this kind of little simple list,
> it is too complicated and too slow!

Maybe you should be using a Combo anyway.

But, some people agree and there has been some talk of adding simple
convenience functions to make the simpler cases easier. However, I don't know
if anybody is working on that now.

Personally, I think that gtkmm's Gtk::TreeView API shows that it can be much
simpler
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch08s02.html#id2880668
because the details of the TreeViewColumn, CellRenderer, CellRenderer
attribute and CellRenderer data-changed callback can be guessed automatically
most of the time.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com