Re: blocking signals

Peter Van Osta wrote:

However
I capture the "changed" signal, which is very annoying when changing the
value of the spinbutton in the program as it makes the callback function
respond also to the change of the spinbutton value.

I'm sure that there are situations where blocking it makes sense, but in the general case, isn't that exactly what you want? What is the difference between a user making a change and the program making a change? OK, the program could communicate the change using some other mechanism, but why would it if the signal mechanism is already there?

--
Christer Palm