Re: Always forcing core font rendering

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:06:15AM -0400, Noah Levitt wrote:
> > I personally want to see the font subsystem allow both Xft and core
> > fonts to be used at the same time.  I have some nice fixed-point
> > terminal fonts that I'd love to use in gnome-terminal.  Probably a GDK
> > hack could do this, but probably a smarter fontconfig/Xft system would
> > be better.
>
> Xft/fontconfig/freetype support old X bdf fonts.

I was told on the xfree86 mailing list that you do need recent versions
of these, though - Xft2 with fontconfig 2 and freetype 2.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross willow seitz com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.