Re: rpm's of gtk 2.2?

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:07:22 EDT, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>  said:
> i am trying to install gtkmm 2.2, but it requires gtk 2.2 or above. i
> was hoping to leave my RH8.0 system fully RPM based wherever possible,
> but i don't seem to be able to find any RPM's of gtk 2.2 except those
> in RH rawhide. my attempt to install these has already screwed up my
> system (i upgraded glibc without upgrading rpm ...), but once i get
> that fixed, i'd still like to find a way to move the system to gtk 2.2
> rather than the 2.0 that comes with RH8.0. any directions to an RPM?

This just begs the question of whether any *other* properly built RPM will
give you any less grief - the usual problem hit with RawHide is that RPM's are
tagged with their dependencies, which you can bypass *at your own peril*
by using --nodeps.

Having said that, the Rawhide RPMs for the latest releases (Glib 2.2.3, pango
1.2.5, atk 1.3.5 - gtk+ 2.2.4 hasn't shown up as of last night but probably
will within the next 48 hours or so) are a slam-dunk drop-in if you're already
in RedHat 9.0 - you may wish to consider upgrading and then going for the
rawhide releases of just those).