rpm's of gtk 2.2?

i am trying to install gtkmm 2.2, but it requires gtk 2.2 or above. i
was hoping to leave my RH8.0 system fully RPM based wherever possible,
but i don't seem to be able to find any RPM's of gtk 2.2 except those
in RH rawhide. my attempt to install these has already screwed up my
system (i upgraded glibc without upgrading rpm ...), but once i get
that fixed, i'd still like to find a way to move the system to gtk 2.2
rather than the 2.0 that comes with RH8.0. any directions to an RPM?

--p