Re: gtk+-2.2.2 and pango-1.2.5

> I compile pamgo statically and install it with no
> problem, but when i run gtk-demo in the bin directory
> of gtk+ which is dinamically compiled, I have an error
> about pango.modules, and this file contains no module
> definition, theses modules are in a directory of
> pango, lib/pango/1.2.0/modules , I tried to put them
> in pango.modules, but it doesn't work.
> If I compile pango with dinamic libraries, it works
> fine, but it isn't what I want to do.
> Can somebody help me??

I had such modules problem, once. After using some scripts to
build cleanly, I had no problems.

I managed to compile pango statically (for profiling) and used
the following ./configure options:

--prefix=$PREFIX --enable-static --disable-shared --with-included-modules=arabic-xft,basic-xft,hangul-xft,hebrew-xft,indic-xft,thai-xft

To avoid problems with glib dynamic linking, I use the following shell
script to build glib and pango statically:
for glib:
---Start
#!/bin/sh
PREFIX=/usr/local/profiling
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
export CFLAGS="-pg -O0"
../autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --enable-static --disable-shared

make
---End
for pango:
----Start
#!/bin/sh
PREFIX=/usr/local/profiling
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
export CFLAGS="-pg -O0"
../autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --enable-static --disable-shared --with-included-modules=arabic-xft,basic-xft,hangul-xft,hebrew-xft,indic-xft,thai-xft

make
----End

Note that in both cases, I have a ./profiling subdir in glib/ and in pango/
from which I run these scripts

The different environment variable settings are there to make sure
that pkg-config and the linker pick the right configs and libraries.

The statically (and profiled) libs are installed in $PREFIX=/usr/local/profiling

--
Melvin Hadasht