pango and xfonts

Hi,

I'm currently working on a library of wrapper functions that converts code written in OLIT into gtk. I've run into a problem with fonts that hopefully someone here can help with.

I have a case where I'll be passed an XFontStruct* and need to be able to apply that to any number of widget types. It would be easiest for me if I could create a PangoFontDescription from the XFontStuct*, but I can't seem to find any series of methods in Pango that would achieve this (short of manually pulling whatever relevant properties I can from the XFontStruct*, setting them in a new description and hoping for the best). Are there any bettter ways? I'm still relatively new to gtk (and all GUI progamming for that matter), so if I've missed something blatant, feel free to point and laugh :)

Thanks for any ideas

Brooke