Re: gtk+-2.2.0 ./configure error about pango 1.2.0

Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> busmanus <busmanus lk freemail hu> writes:
>

>> When I am trying to configure the source code of gtk+-2.2.0,
>

> Is there a special reason you are compiling gtk+-2.2.0 instead of the
> newer gtk+-2.2.4? You should always use the latest released versions
> in the stable series (glib-2.2.3, pango-1.2.5, atk-1.2.4, gtk+-2.2.4).

The download page still shows version 2.2.0 as the latest stable
version, at least that's what I made out of it. I simply didn't feel
like experimenting with the development version. Another reason is, that
I read something about abiword-2.0.0 not liking later versions very
much, but I don't remember clearly what other version was mentioned
there. The third and most pressing reason is that I have a rather slow
modem internet connection through the most expensive telefon line
provider of the world (at least some say so).

> Take a look at config.log to find out why exactly the linking fails.

I did take a look, but it wasn't written in a language I understand. I cannot quote it in now, but when I do, I'd like to know, if I can send the whole file, or I'll have to try to find the sections in it that may be of significance.

Thanks

busmanus

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu