Re: problem with pangox - and also with pkg-config !

Alain D'eurveilher wrote:

Did if find the rest of Pango otherwise?

What do you mean find the rest of Pango ??

I wanted to know if the configure script found it, because pango
consists of several components that the gtk configure script checks separately.

And where could I find the PKG_CONFIG_PATH ???

PKG_CONFIG_PATH can be either in either /usr/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig etc., in short, it is a subdirectory in one

or

more of the lib/ directories on your system, at least if your have

the

corresponding files installed.
You can add its value on the command line when you run configure

like

this:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

./configure

Ok I'll try this in the future... But i haven't done it for the last
dependencies.. Do you think it really matters ?

If you have more than one lib/pkgconfig directory on your system, then it probably does. Find them all on your system and put the one with the
latest packages in it first in the list, then the one with the second
latest and so on.

If you still have problems, you may want to have a look at this thread in the archive:

gtk+-2.2.0 ./configure  error about pango  1.2.0

It was closed about a week ago. I say this, because I have some (limited) experience with installing gtk+ on Woody, but I may be unable to answer any letters next week.

busmanus

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu