Re: problem with pangox - and also with pkg-config !

Alain D'eurveilher wrote:
 Hi all,

I'm trying to install GTK2.2.4 on my woody, and i already install the
demendencies requiered, and glib, atk, pango. Now, running ./configure
of gtk, I've got :
<-----
configure: error: pangox Pango backend is required for x11 target
        ----->
I've made a google search on my problem, and i've found a post with :
"(...) Try running 'pkg-config --list-all' and see what pango
packages it lists."
but i have :
<-----
% pkg-config --list-all
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
Package 'gtk+-2.0', required by 'gnome-window-settings-2.0', not found
        ----->
ok, I'm trying to install gtk2.2.4, and i don't have the 2.0 verison.

And where could I find the PKG_CONFIG_PATH ???

apt-get install -t unstable libpango1.0-dev

locate pango*.pc
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pango.pc
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pangoft2.pc
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pangox.pc