Re: Getting gtk+ to find my private copy of libgobject-2.0.so

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:46:39 EST, Michael Terry said:

> So, for the record -- I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH,
> and PATH to all include my personal location.  Other environment
> variables that I have to hit?  I know there are lots, and I could easily
> believe that libtool is keying off one of them.

Just as a WAG, double-check that PKG_CONFIG_PATH actually finds a
pgk-config that coughs up the correct -I values for --cflags and
the right -L values for --libs.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH is usually only for
finding libraries at runtime, and may be insufficient for the linker
to do the initial linking of the program - a -L flag may be needed.