Re: Getting gtk+ to find my private copy of libgobject-2.0.so

Sven Neumann wrote:
I am trying to compile GTK+ CVS, and have run into a problem with it
linking against my system's version of GLib instead of my private
copy of a compiled GLib CVS.

Did you set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable accordingly ?

I thought I said so:
"Here's the setup:
I checked out glib, atk, and pango. I compiled them all with --prefix=/home/mike/path, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mike/path/lib, PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/mike/path/lib/pkgconfig, and PATH=/home/mike/path/bin:$PATH. They all seem to be OK."

Is that not the correct syntax for LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

I mean, libtool is providing paths to my private copy of the libraries, so presumably I'm doing something right in the way of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or maybe it's because of PKG_CONFIG_PATH?). However, it is sticking the default paths ahead of my own copy, so the linking happens with the default path. How do I stop that?

-mt