gtk rc files and X window

Hi all

I´m testing a gtk application using rc files to change widget´s apects (colors , fonts, etc). If I run my gtk application on a X server using a kde window manager, widgets take the aspects as in rc file is indicated. But If I run my application without any window manager it doesn´t take the aspect as is indicated in the rc file.
What´s wrong? Any Idea? How can I solve this problem? How can I change the widget´s aspect no using rc file?

Thanks a lot and regards!!!!!!

Aril Fritz