From: Markus Gerwinski <markus gerwinski de>
To: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
Cc: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [gtkmm] Signal emitted when changing a combo selection?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:27:31 +0200

After some tests, I found out the combo->get_list().signal_unmap() seems to be
never called... which is a pity, since it could possibly help me solve another
problem: The combo->get_entry().signal_changed() is always emitted twice if
changing from a non-empty string to another one.

Example: Combo changes from "Mr." to "Ms" using the dropdown list. Then I get
two signals:

  signal_changed: "Mr." -> ""
  signal_changed: "" -> "Ms."

This is a serious problem for me, since it tangles up my `undo' stack, doubles
the number of database queries etc.. Is there a proper way to solve this?