Re: Displaying bmp/jpg Images

Here is a small code that shows how to display a jpeg file in a window.

include <gtk/gtk.h>

/* when invoked (via signal delete_event), terminates the application.
*/
gint close_application( GtkWidget *widget,
                       GdkEvent  *event,
                       gpointer   data )
{
   gtk_main_quit ();
   return FALSE;
}

int main( int   argc,
         char *argv[] )
{
   /* GtkWidget is the storage type for widgets */
   GtkWidget *window;
   GtkWidget *image;
   GtkWidget *hbox;

   /* create the main window, and attach delete_event signal to terminating
      the application */
   gtk_init (&argc, &argv);
   g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (window), "delete_event",
                     G_CALLBACK (close_application), NULL);
   gtk_container_set_border_width (GTK_CONTAINER (window), 10);
   gtk_widget_show (window);

   image = gtk_image_new_from_file ("image.jpg");

   hbox = gtk_hbox_new(TRUE,10);

   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (hbox), image);
   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), hbox);
   gtk_widget_show (hbox);
   gtk_widget_show (image);
   gtk_main ();

   return 0;
}

I hope it can help you.
Hugues.

RTD RTD wrote:

Hello,
I'm quite new to glade and this may be a stupid question, but I searched
anything I could find and did´t find an answer:

I have a picture from a frame grabber and want to display it. How do
I do this?
I tried quite a lot but the only thing I managed to do was displaying
a gdk-bitmap generated with gdk_image_new_bitmap() with gtk_set_image()
in a GtkImage widget. But since a bitmap is just black and white this
was not quite what I wanted. All the other things I tried like the
draw and rgb functions required a Gdk-graphics-context I didn't know
where to get from.
Can anyone tell me how to solve this or point me where I find a solution?

Ravindra  T.  Dolas,
Pune-INDIA