Re: Compiling gtk error - png ???

> I had this problem on HPUX 11.00 and 11.20(akaIA64).

Actually, the current IA64/IPF HP-UX release is 11.22 - aka 11i v 1.6 :)

> Solution (works for me).
> If your system is supporting "dynamic loading" you better off using dynamic
> HPUX 11.00 and 11i and I managed to compile gtk on HPUX-11.00.
>
> But if your system doesn't support dynamic loading, configure gtk
> with static loading and make sure you specify which module you
> want. I chose png, jpeg, tiff and xpm. You can add any more if you
> wish to. I chose is method on HPUX 11.20 (IA64) and it works
> perfect.

Did you have to use any explicit configure flags for the enablement of
dynamic loading?  I've been (naively it seems) doing ./configure in
all the deps, and then setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for the ./configure
of gtk itself.

> I am using glib-2.2.1 and gcc-3.2 0n HPUX-11.00 and gcc-3.00 on
> HPUX-11.20.

Hmm, I hope it isn't an HP ANSI C vs gcc thing. That would be most
unfortunate.

> Also There is libpng available from the HPUX Archive that installes in
> "usr/local" instead of "/opt".

Thanks.  I'll go there if I get tired of settings CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
in the gtk configure :)

rick jones
feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com  but NOT BOTH...