Re: Problem of installation of gtk+2.2.1

Hi,

Ian Scott <ian pairowoodies com> writes:

> > I have installed before glib-2.2.1.
> > When I try to install atk-1.2.0, I have the following error retrun form
> > ./configure execution :
> >
> > *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.2.1, but GLIB (2.0.6)
> > *** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
> > *** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
> > *** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
> > *** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
> > *** required on your system.
> > *** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> > *** to point to the correct configuration files
>
> I had the same problem.  When I renamed libglib-2.0.so.0.0.6 and
> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.0.6 (not sure if they are still required by
> anything, so I kept them) in /usr/lib, and then ran /sbin/ldconfig, I
> got passed that error message.  Maybe it will work for you too!

people, you are really messing with your system pretty badly. If you
have an old glib-2.0 installation around, make sure you remove
it. glib-2.2 is binary-compatible with 2.0, so it makes no sense to
work around the (very reasonable) warnings by using such dirty hacks.

Salut, Sven