Re: I really need to know this.....

>I'm new to GTK+. I just found out in GTK web site that to make dialogbox,
>there's no concept of resource
>like in WIndows where you set the position of controls in a dialog; with
>GTK, controls on a dialog are
>arranged by code(vbox, hbox, etc.) automatically.
>
>This is a totally new philosophy to me. Aside from the pro/cons of this
>approach,
>I'd like to know: in GTK, is there a way to set the position of a control at
>will,
>for example, if I want a button to be at absolute position (x=100,y=34),
>does GTK allow me to do so?

use a GtkFixed container widget, and the gtk_fixed_put() function to
position things.

such approaches are not favored in X Window based programs, where
users expect to be able to resize most windows, and such absolute
positioning will frequently cause problems with this.

the box-packing and/or table layout approach is much more flexible,
and i encourage you to use it.

--p