Re: A quick question:what ide should I use to program in Linux with gtk?

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 16:30, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> * jiangyi178 (jiangyi178 rogers com) wrote:
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > So KDevelop or Kylix are not the recommended way to go, right?
>
> Not for GTK/Gnome programming, no. KDevelop and Kylix are focused, and
> really specificically for, Qt programming.

KDevelop works fine for Gtk/Gnome programing. In fact it has wizards to
create projects for both. The downside is all the documentation is setup
for QT/Kde so you have to add your own for anything else which isn't
hard.

> Anjuta can be used for Qt Development as well, but has a bit of a
> bug/conflict with the Qt installation that is currently being worked
> out.
>
> For GTK/Gnome development, Anjuta is a good choice if you want a full
> GUI environment like CodeWarrior on the Mac or Windows. If you're not
> that kind of person, Emacs or Vim are also excellent choices.

I generally use Kdevelop for Project Managment, CVS and minor editing
and Vim for serious coding.

--
Stephen