Re: found one warning

* Havoc Pennington (hp redhat com) wrote:
> > I've set up regular buttons with key accelerators with "clicked" signals
> > and do not get any warnings like this.
> >
> > Any ideas/help is appreciated.
>
> Well, the possibilities according to the message are:
>
>  - GtkCheckButton has no signal 'toggled'
>  - it has the signal but it's not activatable

Well, as I mentioned, I *do* have a toggled signal defined and a handler
defined for it. So I know that's not it. Now the bit about being
activatable is interesting. What do you mean by activatable in this
context? Why wouldn't the signal be activatable? I hit a key (alt-h) and
my signal should get emitted and handled by my handler (which it does by
the way. I can either click on the checkbox or hit my accelerator key
and it works correctly. So now I'm really confused).

>  - it has the activatable signal but it has arguments

I'm not sure I understand this statement. Why would a signal not have
arguments? The handler has two arguments to it for example. Would this
mean I need a second handler just to handle this accelerator? I haven't
need to do that for other buttons where I have an accelerator key
defined.

> In this case, I believe 'toggled' is not activatable. So it can't be
> used in this context. 'clicked' should work on a check button, though.

Again, would this would mean I need two separate handlers to do the same
thing?

> For the size_request warning, the height passed in is not >= -1,
> pretty simple. Don't pass in a negative height. ;-)

I actually found this one in the debugger and fixed it. What happened is
I had a size set in Glade for width but not height. I just removed it
and all is well, though I'm a little unsure as to why.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca