GTK+ installation

Dear all,

I need some help on the installation of GTK+.  I have
installed the GTK+ recently on Linux 8.0, however,
some accident occured. The Gnome appeared problems, it
does not function normally: the terminal can't be
called out, including the changing of background are
also appear the warming statement.  Would u tell me
what is the reason? Thanks you.

For more detail, I have installed by the order of
glib, pango, atk and gtk+.  But indeed, i have nothing
to do to change the path or move something to so
directory.  Thanks a lot!

Kevin C  H San